One more day to go y’all.
It is hard to believe I have been at this for a month. And I am not gonna lie, I don’t feel like I will be finished. At least not in the sense of a perfectly organized studio space and business. It is something I am coming to terms with. For the most part the best laid plans for me usually fall apart in the execution. I can be quite the systems girl. And can create some killer work flows with forms, schedules, spreadsheets, and files. However I find I need a bit of flexibility to really find something I will stick with. And there is also a fine line between A clean studio, a packed studio and one where my materials are available in a way that I can see them and be inspired yet comfortable to hang out in.
So this evening I am taking inventory of my accomplishments and what is left to do. First what I got done:
- Organized the resource library
- Organized the needles and hooks
- Organized the notions
- Donated a ginormous box of needles and hooks to a local knitting charity
- Cataloged and purged the WIPs
- Organized and purged the spinning add-ins
- Organized and purged the plying yarns
- Consolidated the fiber/fleece stash to one closet
- Organized and purged the Mixed media supplies (journaling and painting)
- Began the news filing system
- Found my new bookkeeping system
- Found and began migrating new email newsletter service as well as new opt-in and lead page integrations
- Reworked my studio schedule to reflect my new business goals
- Reassessed my inventory management system
- And the one thing I really wanted to achieve this month, manage a daily blogging schedule with email notifications.
As I mentioned, there is still a good bit I need to do. And I will continue to work on as I begin my new work flow next week.
- Inventory the dye blanks
- Inventory and catalog finished work
- Go through the stash yarn one more time(I have already gone through it 4 times in the last 2 years, letting go has been..um.. a process)
- Organize office supply shelves
- Tackle the nightmare that are my computer files
So there is is! Like I said not perfect, but done to the point where I can focus on next years business goals. And that my friends I am going to share with you tomorrow along with pictures of my studio!